There are two boards that oversee activity at Oxnard Airport – the Camarillo/Oxnard Airport Authority and the Airport Advisory Commission.
The Camarillo/Oxnard Airport Authority is meeting this Thursday April 14 at 6:30pm
To make you voice heard send an email no later than 6:30 pm Monday to [email protected]. In the subject line put “TNG issues for Airport Commission” or something similar.
You can also join the Zoom meeting and raise your hand to present for 3 minutes by video/audio during the meeting.
The Airport Advisory Commission Meeting on Thursday April 14 will discuss Airport Landing Fees.
Item E. Subject: Receive and File a Presentation Regarding Landing Fees for Aircraft
Operations at Oxnard & Camarillo Airports and Noise Mitigation Measures
(Pages 55-57 )
VC Airport Staff Recommendation:
Staff recommends that the Commission/Authorities receive and file a presentation regarding
landing fees for aircraft operations at Oxnard & Camarillo Airports and noise mitigation measures.
What can Oxnard Airport do to generate revenue and at the same time, reduce the number of out-of-county training flights?
- It is clear that one of the reasons Oxnard has so many training Touch and Gos (TNGs) at Oxnard Airport (OXR) from other airports is that OXR allows aircraft to come here, use the airfield, use the tower, fly over the community – FOR FREE – OXR does not charge for this activity.
- Other airports charge landing fees:
- Santa Monica for example charges a landing fee of $5.48 per thousand pounds landing gross weight.
“Aircraft owners or operators using the Santa Monica Airport are required to pay a landing fee. Currently, the fee is $5.48 per thousand pounds certificated maximum landing gross weight. “
- OXR charges landing fees for aircraft 12,500 lbs or greater but NO landing fees for any other aircraft.
- If OXR adopted the same pricing as Santa Monica, aircraft that come here several times a week to conduct TNGs – which many do – OXR could be looking at landing fees of $9,000 or more a year (A Cessna 172 weights about 1700 lbs. That would be $11.00 per TNG. Flight Schools coming to Oxnard several times a week, doing half a dozen TNGs each time would be billed ~$9,000)
- This would help reduce TNGs at OXR, would help offset OXR’s operating loss (projected at $1.6 MM for this fiscal year), and would stop OXR giving away something of value to residents of Santa Monica and other areas for free.
Please let your elected representative know you support OXR Landing Fees for all Aircraft:
- Kelly Long: email: [email protected]
- Carmen Ramirez: email: [email protected]
- Bert Perello: email: [email protected] / [email protected]
- Vianey Lopez: email: [email protected]
Contact the Airport Advisory Commission and the Camarillo and Oxnard Airport Authorities and let them know you support landing fees – per thousand pounds landing gross weight.
The Camarillo/Oxnard Airport Authority meets next – this Friday April 8 at 12pm. Please also send your email to them – same address: [email protected]. In the subject line put “TNG issues for Airport Authority” or something similar. This one should be sent Tue or Wed.
You can also Zoom into the meetings to watch them and make any comments verbally. Instructions to Zoom into these meetings are provided below.
Your participation is critical – if there are no comments suggesting otherwise, these boards will assume everyone is satisfied with the status quo. If you are not satisfied with the status quo, this is a key opportunity to let elected officials and other leaders.know.
Thanks for participating!
The OXRFF Team
CAMARILLO/OXNARD AIRPORT AUTHORITY
Thursday, April 14, 2022 6:30PM
Virtual Meeting: Zoom Link
Webinar ID: 889 5051 1325
Phone Numbers: 1-669-900-6833, 1-253-215-8782
Time: 6:30 pm